Are you excited about switching to an electric vehicle (EV) or upgrading your current EV? Then it’s the right time for you as Nevada is offering a variety of EV incentives on the purchase of an EV or installation of a level 2 EV charger to help reduce your carbon footprint by embracing EV as the way of the future.
This article highlights some of the most beneficial rebates you should know about
1. Residential Single-family EV Charging Station Rebate
This is an incentive of up to $500 or 75 percent for Nevada Energy customers to purchase or install a level 2 charging station. It is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis with a limit to one residential charger project per household established on the customer’s premises.
2. Electric Vehicle Incentive – Nevada Energy
The EV incentive program offers low-income customers with income levels equal to or below 200 percent of the federal poverty line- a $2,500 incentive for purchasing a new or used EV. NV Energy awards on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Electric School Bus Incentive – Nevada Energy
This NV Energy is an incentive for public school customers of up to 75 percent of the expected costs for purchasing electric school buses and EVs. It also includes level 2 direct current fast charging (DCFC) stations. The applicants must be a public school as defined in NRS 385.007 and must adhere to school routes.
4. Electric Vehicle Time-of-Use
This incentive allows Nevada Energy customers to pay a discounted rate for charging EVs during the utility’s charging period-late night to the early morning hours.
Nevada time-of-use rates are higher during daytime and early evening hours-on, peak times-lower during nighttime hours, and lowest at late-night and early-morning hours.
5. Commercial Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Rebate-Nevada Energy
This incentive is available to NV Energy business customers for the purchase and installation of level 2 EV charging stations and direct current fast charging (DCFC) stations in the following amounts:
- A workplace with 2-10 ports gets an incentive of $3,000 per port or up to 75 percent of the project cost.
- Multi-unit dwelling (MUD) with 2-10 ports receives an incentive of $5,000 per port or up to 75 percent of the project cost.
- Low-Income MUD with eligible 2-4 ports gets an incentive of $10,000 per port or up to 100 percent of the project cost.
- Fleets with 2-10 ports receive an incentive of $5,000 per port or up to 75 percent of project costs.
- Public charging with 2-10 ports receives an incentive of $3,000 per port or up to 75 percent of the project cost.
- Government agencies with 2-4 ports get an incentive of $10,000 per port or up to 100 percent of the project cost.
Paving The Way Toward Nevada’s Green Future
Solar Optimum is paving the way for a greener future in Clark County, Nevada. Our mission is to help homeowners in Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, South Las Vegas, Boulder City, and Blue Diamond save on energy costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by promoting renewable energies.
Whether you are interested in going “full solar” or using solar energy to charge your electric vehicle, we are here to answer your questions. Contact one of our Energy Coordinators and speak with a real person today.