Solar Optimum is excited to announce that we have partnered with Six Flags Entertainment and DSD Renewables to complete the installation of California’s largest single-site commercial carport renewable energy project.
The project includes a new 12.37-megawatt solar carport and energy storage system that is located at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles.
Key facts about the Six Flags Magic Mountain solar installation include:
- 12.37-megawatt solar carport built over the main guest parking lot;
- Battery storage system producing 1.958 megawatts of power with 7,886.3 kilowatt hours of capacity that can be deployed daily;
- Producing 20.8 million kilowatt hours of energy annually, which is equivalent to the electricity consumption of 2,874 homes and 1.79 million smartphones charged;
- Offset greenhouse gas emissions each year comparable to 34,194 barrels of oil consumed, 5,110 tons of waste recycled rather than landfilled, and 17,612 acres of U.S. forests;
- Will offset carbon dioxide equivalents each year comparable to taking 3,182 cars off the road, 37.8 million miles driven by an average gasoline-powered automobile, and 1.6 million gallons of gasoline consumed;
- Producing 517.89 million kilowatt hours of energy in a 25-year period, which offsets greenhouse gas energy consumption equivalent to 911 million miles driven by gasoline-powered automobiles and the carbon sequestration equivalent to 434.3 thousand acres of trees planted;
- The park will be able to offset 100% of its energy usage with solar power; and
- Six Flags Magic Mountain will be home to the largest single-site commercial solar energy project in California and largest for any for-profit organization in the world.
You can read the full press release here.
“We are proud of the partnership we have helped establish between DSD, Six Flags, and Solar Optimum, as we add to their portfolio of sites and work to offset all their loads with solar and batteries. As utility prices inevitably increase, these projects reduce costs, decrease their carbon footprint, and ultimately provide more value to the customer with much desired shade.”
– Arno Aghamalian, Solar Optimum CEO and Founder
About Solar Optimum
Solar Optimum is an award-winning, elite certified solar panel company specializing in solar energy, battery storage, and roof installations in California, Nevada and Arizona. Since 2008, we have been on a mission to educate, inspire and provide homeowners and businesses with progressive premium energy and roofing solutions.
To date, we have installed over 300 MW of energy-efficient solar systems and battery storage for homeowners and businesses – helping thousands build a better future. Our awards and certifications include being named National Installer of the Year by Panasonic for 2022, 2021 and 2020, #1 Residential and Commercial EPC and #1 Solar & Storage Company in California for three consecutive years by Solar Power World Online.
Contact us today to get your free quote on residential solar installation.